Buying a House or Apartment
We offer competitive fees for First Time Buyers.
Please contact us for our latest rates. As outlays (e.g., Land Registry fees, searches, etc) vary depending on the title to the property you are buying, we will give you a detailed estimate in advance, so that you’ll know exactly how much you’ll need.
We can help you with all the legal formalities associated with buying your new house or apartment. Make sure to seek our advice sooner rather than later – we will advise you on the formalities and guide you through the various things you have to do. We can also help you to deal with your mortgage broker or bank/building society, the selling agent and the seller or builder.
You are putting a lot into your house purchase – if it’s not a new one, make sure you have the property professionally surveyed. We would advise that you seek our advice before placing a booking deposit and before entering into legal arrangements.
Preliminary check list for prospective purchasers:
- Make sure you have budgeted for legal fees, land registry, searches, stamp duty (where applicable), plus the costs of moving (and in the case of apartments, the annual service charge).
- In deciding the amount of your mortgage, have you allowed a cushion to protect yourself against the possibility that interest rates might rise?
- Have you had the property professionally surveyed?
- Have you considered taking out life and health insurance cover to assist in the event of your losing your job, suffering some permanent health damage, or dying during the term of the mortgage?
We provide an expert, personal service in the following areas of law:
Accident Claims & Personal Injury Litigation*, Conveyancing, Debt Collection, Wills & Probate and Family Law.
* In contentious business a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any settlement.